Food Friday: Lime rabbit over pasta
You can’t always eat rabbit the same old way, so try this lime-infused dish with a bit of a kick.
- 1 rabbit, cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil for cooking
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 4 tablespoons onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1-2 tablespoons flour
- Water or chicken stock
- Season rabbit with salt and pepper. Lightly brown in oil, cooking just a few pieces at a time. Remove to casserole.
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, onions, tarragon, salt and Tabasco, and pour over browned rabbit pieces. Marinate at least an hour. The longer it sits, the more flavor it will have.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Bake rabbit for 45 minutes.
- Reheat oil in skillet. Stir in small amount of flour and brown lightly. Make a thin gravy/sauce using water or chicken stock. Pour over rabbit and return to oven for 25 to 30 additional minutes.
- Serve rabbit pieces on warm platter. Thicken sauce if needed with corn starch and water (mix 1 tablespoon corn starch with 1 tablespoon water and gradually add to sauce, stirring over heat until it thickens). Season to taste. Serve over noodles.